Sri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations in and around Delhi
Sri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations in and around Delhi: Shri Krishna Janmashtami is one of the most populer Hindu Festival around the world as it has been celebrated around the world. About shri Krishna, His bal lila – childhood activities were most rememShri Krishna Janmashtami is an annual celebration of the birth of the Hindu God Krishna, the eighth avatar of Vishnu.
The temples are beautifully decorated and celebrations take place on a grand scale on this occasion. People fast until midnight because it is believed that Lord Krishna, an Avatar of Vishnu, was born exactly at the stroke of midnight. Lord Krishna took birth to kill wicked king of Mathura, Kansa. This year, Janmashtami is being celebrated today.
Here, the details of few temples in Delhi, where the temples are beautifully decorated and celebrations take place on a grand scale on this occasion:
1. Laxmi Narayan Temple (Birla Temple), Delhi: Spread over 7.5 acres, the temple is one of the major attractions of Delhi and attracts thousands of devotees on the occasion of ‘Janmashtami’. One can easily reach here by taking local buses, metro or hiring auto-rickshaws and taxis. Nearest Delhi Metro station is RK Ashram Marg Metro Station.
2. ISKCON, Delhi: International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) is a well known Vaishnav temple of Lord Krishna and Radharani in the form of Radha Parthasarathi. At ISKCON, Delhi, ‘Janmashtami’ happens to be the biggest festival of the year with nearly 8 lakh devotees visiting the temple. Festivities begin early morning and goes on up mid-night. The temple, which was opened in 1998, is located at Hare Krishna Hills, in the East of Kailash area of New Delhi. Once can easily reach here by taking DTC buses, auto-rickshaws and taxis. Nearest metro station is Nehru Place Metro Station.
3. Chattarpur Mandir, Delhi: The temple is made up of immaculate white marble and spread over an area of approximately 70 acres. The ‘Janmashtami’ festival is celebrated here with a special fervour which makes the temple abuzz with religious zeal. DTC buses, auto-rickshaws and taxis are easily available. Nearest metro station is Chattarpur Metro Station.
4. Sri Sri Radha Govind Dev Temple, Noida: The temple management organizes several events where devotees take part with great joy and fervour. Small girls (gopis) and boys (kanhas) dance, sing in colourful attires bringing glory of Lord Krishna. The temple is located in Sector 33.
5. Celebrations at Mathura and Vrindavan: Both the places mark a special significance in Lord Krishna’s life and are the stronghold of ‘Janmashtami’ celebration. Thousands of devotees flock to Mathura and Vrindavan on this occasion as the festival is celebrated with an unmatched zeal and grandeur. Mathura is the birth place of Lord Krishna. The holy town of Vrindavan, situated on the banks of Yamuna River, is where he spent his childhood and his teenage. The celebrations in at these places start 10 days prior to the day of Lord Krishna’s birth.
Sri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations in and around Delhi: We hope you like the article. Please do share this with friend near and dear ones on social networking sites such as facebook, fb, whatsapp, hike, bbm, we chat, pinterest, twitter, digg etc.